Multi-camera streaming guide for musicians on macOS Last Updated 08 April 2022 by Michael Forrest
How to stream music with multiple auto-switching cameras on YouTube, Twitch or Facebook Live.
If it takes 10,000 hours to become a great live performer, then streaming is a great way to rack up these hours whenever you want. It feels almost as real as a live show and you can learn a lot.
This video shows how to set up a multi-camera live music stream using OBS. I’ll show you how you can use three different cameras.
- DSLR camera
- Wirelessly-connected iPhone
- Laptop webcam
Audio is important:
- You need an audio interface
- You can set sync settings via “Advanced Audio Properties” (use the delay calculator to get precise values)
- About 3000-5000 kbps is good for a stream
- YouTube set-up is much easier these days but I tend to prefer Twitch for the possibility of raids.
- I use StreamElements for my overlays
- Streaming software - https://obsproject.com/
- Mixer with USB out - http://amzn.to/2eu59iW
- Audio limiter / compressor - http://www.fmraudio.com/rnla.html
- Wirelessly receive video to computer from phone - http://bit.ly/2f6ti0A
- iPhone app for clean camera feed - Shoot
- Large stand (C-Stand) https://amzn.to/2WHMDYN
- Tripod - http://amzn.to/2dVuhON
- Tripod phone mount - http://amzn.to/2eKAGeV
- LED lighting - http://amzn.to/2ePZxMw
- Lighting stand - http://amzn.to/2feGJe8
Video from DSLR
Thunderbolt video capture - http://amzn.to/2eu3iKP
Connect camera to video capture - http://amzn.to/2eKDHfl
Connect video capture to computer - http://amzn.to/2f6vBB5
My DSLR Camera Body - http://amzn.to/2dJ0GF3
Prevent camera from sleeping after 30 mins - http://www.magiclantern.fm/
Wide angle lens if you’re in a tight space - http://amzn.to/2ePXh8e
50mm lens for portraits-style shots - http://amzn.to/2eu37PD
Macro lens for close ups - http://amzn.to/2eu3iKP
Music is “Get Connected” by Michael Forrest, available on Spotify, Apple Music, Bandcamp etc… http://michaelforrestmusic.com/posts/how-to-live-forever